Founded on 6 March 1983 by the congregations of St. Alban Anglican Church and Richmond Presbyterian, the Richmond Food Bank has continuously provided nutritious food for our neighbours in need. Twenty families were served on that first day.
Today, the Richmond Food Bank serves over 1500 people on average every week. We provide nutritious food choices and numerous programs and opportunities to connect with community services. We offer our clients, donors, and volunteers ways to be more involved in our community.
We have moved around various locations, from our first location in Howard De Beck School, to a couple of locations in Steveston, and finally in our present location in Richmond City Centre (100-5800 Cedarbridge Way). Every move has been made without missing a single distribution day thanks to the hard work of our volunteers and the support of local businesses and organizations.
The Richmond Food Bank receives no government support; we rely entirely on the support of our community donating food, money, and time to help our neighbours in need. We are a registered charity with a volunteer board of directors.
The Richmond Food Bank is a member of Food Banks BC and Food Banks Canada. We also hold membership many community organizations: Richmond Poverty Response Committee, the Richmond Food Security Society, Vantage Point, Volunteer Canada, the Richmond Chamber of Commerce, and Richmond Community Services Advisory Committee.
Member Since: 2000