Virtual Office Hours – Talk to an Expert
April 6, 2020 @ 8:00 am - April 17, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Talk to an expert if you’re uncertain on where to go next during this pandemic. We are merry band of local professionals lending a helping hand where possible. Not keen to sit around, we are out to support our community.
Register for a 30-minute free consultation from professionals in different disciplines throughout the weeks of April 6–17. We understand each business is unique, so take the opportunity to receive individualized advice.
Meet Our Experts:
Meet our team of experts:
Learn About Our Experts:
Andrew Leung – DLC Clear Trust Mortgages Inc. (English/Cantonese)
Expertise: Residential mortgages (primary residence & rental/investment properties); access to a multi-lingual commercial mortgages team
- Debt-consolidation refinances
- Early renewal mortgages to alleviate budget concerns
- Upcoming pre-sale completions when a job loss has occurred prior to completion
- Pending pre-sale purchases expected to complete within the next 4 months
Book Andrew >
Bryan Yu – Principal, Bryan Yu CPA Inc. (English/Mandarin)
Expertise: Accounting, Corporate Taxation, Tax Planning for Small Business Owners & Their Family, Non-Resident Taxation
- Who is eligible for those tax relief and benefit programs recently announced by the Government of Canada?
- What impacts does COVID-19 have on this tax filing season?
- How do you and your business navigate through this upcoming economic crisis?
Book Bryan >
Chad Chang – Purpose CPA (English/Mandarin)
Expertise: Corporate tax, Business Planning and Strategy, Performance Management
- Shifting to a defensive strategy or planning for the upturn.
- Complete accounting dept overhaul and mitigating CRA risks
- Maximizing cash flow in these uncertain time
- Using technology to do more with less
Book Chad >
Howard Cheung – ImmixGroup (English/Cantonese)
Expertise: Auditing of Employee Benefits, Cost Containment Strategies, Pro-active Wellness
- Strategies for temporary scaling back benefits for cost reduction
- Layoff provisions in benefits (eg. Requirement to notify carrier? What benefits can be extended? What happens to disability benefits if disabled during lay off?)
- Deferral of renewals and premium payments
Book Howard >
Leo Liu – Paragon Keystart Mortgage (English/Mandarin)
Expertise: Residential & Commercial Lending, Private Lending
- Household income impacted but EI does not provide enough cashflow
- Accessing home equity for an emergency fund
Book Leo >
Matt Wong – Purpose CPA (English)
Expertise: Budgeting, Forecasting, Strategy, Performance Management, Operations
- Creating scenarios and budgets for lower revenues and cash flows
- Accessing government grants and funding and tax deferrals
- Developing cost containment, resilience, and business pivot strategies
Book Matt >