Richmond, BC – On April 28th, for the first time since 2019, Richmond Chamber of Commerce members gathered in-person for their Annual General Meeting. Carolyn Robertson was unanimously confirmed as the 2022/2023 Chair of the board, continuing her role from the previous year.
Robertson, who retired as Dean of the Wilson School of Design at Kwantlen Polytechnic University in 2019, continues to consult for the university. Having taken on the role of RCC Chair in 2021, Robertson thanked her colleagues on the board, and the Chamber members, for their confidence in her as she continues her focus to make the Richmond Chamber a leading example of exceptional governance, and maintains stability after the upheaval of two pandemic years. Robertson looks forward to ‘passing the gavel’ at next year’s AGM.
The Richmond Chamber of Commerce also introduced their newly-approved three-year Strategic Plan, to be completed by Q1, 2025.
The Richmond Chamber of Commerce 2022/2023 board of directors are:
- Chair: Carolyn Robertson, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Vice Chair: Lisa Cowell, Aspire Richmond (formerly Richmond Society for Community Living)
- Corporate Secretary: Naomi Horsford, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Treasurer: Fan Chun, Dr. Power
- Executive-at-Large: Lisa Wong, Lauren Financial
- Executive-at-Large: Grant Bryan, O’Hare’s Gastropub & Liquor Store
- Mirjana Galovich, Gateway Theatre
- Stephanie Howes, Melville School of Business, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Chuck Keeling, Great Canadian Gaming Corporation
- Cila Kwong, RBC Insurance
- Rachel Li, Roynat Capital, Scotiabank
- Bernard Loh, Next Environmental Inc.
- Jason Tse, Vancouver Airport Authority (YVR)
- Connor Williams, Vice-President, Ashton Service Group
The AGM was supported by its Title Sponsor, PLLR Lawyers. A cocktail-style networking reception followed, hosted by Symphony Hill Properties and Concert 8 Solutions.
The Richmond Chamber of Commerce is a broad-based non-profit membership association, celebrating over 90 years of commitment to make Richmond the most prosperous and favorable place to do business.
Director of Operations
Richmond Chamber of Commerce
JOIN THE CHAMBER
Discover a new world that will help you grow and better your business!
"At Scotiabank, we believe that every customer has the right to become better off. Our partnership with the Richmond Chamber of Commerce enables us to connect with and understand our community; and provide support to hardworking local business owners through financial advice and solutions to help them achieve success."
Christine Lim, Branch Manager - Scotiabank Richmond Financial Centre