Are you seeking a substantial way to contribute to Richmond's business community? Do you believe Richmond can be the best place to do business? Consider applying for our Board of Directors!
A Richmond Chamber of Commerce Director has the exciting opportunity to initiate the strategic direction that can positively impact our entire community.
The Board is seeking qualified candidates from all areas, but with a special emphasis on representatives of the following industries/ professions: law, commercial real estate, construction and development, manufacturing, agriculture, and accounting.
Interested members are invited to apply for the Richmond Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. You'll be joining a committed group of business leaders, who endeavour to make Richmond the place to do business. Board members commit to a year of service, with the opportunity to serve up to four consecutive years.
The deadline for applications is 4:30pm on Wednesday, January 31st, 2024.
Nominations are open now for the Richmond Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Members who meet eligibility requirements are invited to submit their nomination packages.
- Your company is a member in good standing for a minimum of one year;
- Free of any conflict of interest;
- Willing and able to attend board meetings on a regular basis (the second Tuesday of each month);
- Familiar with the Richmond Chamber of Commerce’s operations and activities;
- Involved at a level that demonstrates an ongoing commitment to the Chamber’s goals and objectives.
*If you need help to identify potential nominators, please call our office at 604-278-2822.
2024 Board of Director Nomination Information
In accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Richmond Chamber of Commerce, nominations are now open for the Richmond Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. The following guidelines apply:
- The completed nomination forms must be received by the Chamber office prior to 4:30pm on January 31st, 2024 in order to be considered by the Board Nominating Committee.
- All valid nomination forms will be reviewed by the Board Nominating Committee, who will then shortlist candidates and schedule interviews. Any candidate who is not shortlisted may request a debriefing regarding the reasons why they were not selected for an interview.
- The Board Nominating Committee will evaluate interviewed candidates and make recommendations in accordance with Richmond Chamber of Commerce Bylaw 6.5.
- Incumbent Directors who indicate that they wish to stand for re-election are not required to re-apply. However, incumbents may be asked for an interview at the discretion of the Nominating Committee, if Board expectation guidelines (as defined in the attached) are not being met. Incumbents are not necessarily automatically included in the slate.
- Candidates not put forward on the proposed slate by the Nominating Committee may still request to stand for election at the Annual General Meeting provided they are eligible to be placed on the ballot. (See Eligibility Requirements above.)
- Election and installation of the Board will be held at the Annual General Meeting to be held in April 2024.
JOIN THE CHAMBER
Discover a new world that will help you grow and better your business!
"Richmond Chamber gave us an opportunity to host a networking event which created a wealth of new business relationships and enabled us to not only save on costs but to also know our business is supporting other like-minded vendors."
Lily Cheung, Director of Operations - The Arts Conservatory